In 2020, Andrew Fabishevskiy, a Moscow based designer who has worked on several projects related to space exploration and futuristic technologies designed futuristic motorcycle that could be used for transportation on the Mars. The motorcycle’s design named Tardigrade was inspired by the aircraft technology used by NASA, and it features unique elements that set it apart from traditional motorcycles.
The Mars motorcycle has the following features:
- sleek, aerodynamic design that minimizes air resistance and reduces drag, resulting in increased speed and fuel efficiency
- light weight body made from lightweight, high-strength materials that allow for maximum performance without compromising safety
- unique suspension system designed to absorb bumps and potholes, providing a smoother ride
- advanced safety features, including a collision avoidance system and a heads-up display that projects critical information directly onto the rider’s visor. The rider can see speed, fuel level, and other important data without taking their eyes off the road
- electric motor that provides strong acceleration and efficient performance
- automatic shutdown system in case of a collision, preventing the bike from further damage
- Head Up Display (HUD) that provides real-time information to the rider, such as speed, battery life, and distance travelled
- Highly protective rider suit with built-in airbags and other safety features that can help prevent injury in the event of an accident
- During its operation, it was able to reach a top speed of 11.2 miles per hour.
Mars motorcycle : technology used and its protection details
The Mars motorcycle’s unique design and advanced features are protected under various forms of intellectual property. A yellow ball bag, that is used to store and protect the Tardigrade motorcycle during transportation, is made from Mylar, which is a type of polyester film that is often used for its insulating and reflective properties. Mylar is typically made from several layers of laminated plastic, which can make it strong and durable.
Using a Mylar bag to protect the Tardigrade during transportation is likely a wise choice, as Mylar can help to protect the motorcycle from moisture, dust, and other contaminants that could damage the bike. Additionally, the reflective properties of Mylar may help protect the motorcycle from heat during transportation, which could be important if the bike is being transported in a vehicle or container that is exposed to direct sunlight or other heat sources.
Its balloon tyres were created by 3D printing 12 polyurethane tread modules. The bike’s components can be removed and replaced separately as needed.
The suspension system and other mechanical elements are protected under utility patents, which cover the functional aspects of an invention.
The NASA motorcycle’s name and logo are also protected under trademark law, preventing others from using these marks to sell similar products.
The Mars motorcycle is a great example showing the power of collaboration between engineering and design. Andrew Fabishevskiy’s vision and NASA’s expertise in aeronautics have resulted in a motorcycle that is both efficient and safe. By obtaining services from industry partners, NASA is able to take advantage of commercial innovation and deliver the greatest possible benefit for its objectives for space exploration.
If you are looking to stay ahead of the curve in the fast-paced world of technology, look no further than MCRPL. With over 20 years, we have been providing cutting-edge IP search and intelligence services to help clients uncover the latest breakthrough patents and emerging technologies that may be relevant to your IP portfolio. With our expertise and experience, MCRPL can help you assess the risks and opportunities that could be associated with new technologies, and provide the insights you need to make informed decisions about your IP strategy. So whether you’re a start-up, an established company, or a research institution, consider partnering with MCRPL to unlock the full potential of your intellectual property.
Overall, MCRPL has the tools*, expertise, and experience to help you succeed. Our services are designed to provide you with the insights you need to make informed decisions and stay ahead of the competition.
Keywords – NASA LMV v1, NASA Lunar Motor vehicle, Tardigrade
- Designboom – https://www.designboom.com/design/andrew-fabishevskiy-nasa-motorcycle-11-19-2020/
- NASA – https://www.nasa.gov/
- NASA – NASA Makes Progress with New Lunar Terrain Vehicle Mars Rover Services | NASA
- Mens & Gear – https://mensgear.net/nasa-motorcycle-concept/
- Hookie – https://www.hookie-tardigrade.co/
- Behance – https://www.behance.net/Andrew_F
- The inspiration – https://www.theinspiration.com/2022/04/tardigrade-a-nasa-motorcycle-by-andrew-fabishevskiy-and-hookie/
- Supercar blondie – https://supercarblondie.com/tech/nasa-bike-motorcycle/
- The Sportsman – https://www.thesportsman.com/articles/made-for-the-Mars-this-nasa-concept-motorbike-is-from-another-planet