The major challenges faced by Corporates
There is no easy and reliable method to identify patents that are declared as standards. Several companies have a tendency of over declaring their patents as standards to get an edge above their competitors in the cut-throat SEP race. Various law firms and database companies charge whooping amount of money to correctly assure whether a patent declared as SEP is actually a standard essential patent or not. Plus, they take a lot of time in identifying and proving in accurately identifying the essentiality of all the patents in the portfolio of different companies.
Some open questions yet to be unearthed in the SEP space
- Are companies acquiring new start-ups who have standard essential patents to bolster their innovation pipeline?
- How can companies identify emerging start-ups in the telecom standard space and fund them much before their competitors can?
- Can a patent declared as standard be invalidated? What are the ways to do that?
- Can a claim chart made on a declared standard against an SEP patent be rebutted? What all arguments need to be filed for the claim chart rebuttal?
Unique Solutions Offered by MCRPL
- Team Expertise – very strong team comprising of Masters and PhDs in the telecom domain, spearheading the standard essentiality check and having in-depth knowledge of the domain
- Work Output – team clocks more than 1000 hours of work every week, analyzing standards involved in the telecom 3GPP, short range, IEEE wireless domains and finding the essentiality of patents
- USP – Unique Selling Point – apart from searching for standards on 3GPP, ETSI website, MCRPL has an in-house proprietary standards database which is updated every week. The database helps in improving the accuracy, precision, recall for retrieving the correct standards. Plus, the database helps is reducing the turn-around time for doing the accurate and precise analysis
- Client Testimonials – have delivered more than 38000 hours of work for couple of clients since 2021, working majorly on proving the essentiality of patents. Proven track record of delivering best quality output in the shortest time possible and getting accolades time and again from the delighted clients